Our Holiday weekend was off to an early start this year thanks to Mark's new job. Every year while we worked at Enterprise (in the rental branches), the Wednesday before Thanksgiving was insane. Always overbooked on Mini Vans, not enough SUV's and just plain rude customers. I have been enjoying the 'non' stress of this day not for a few years, but this was Mark's first...and, with his new job, he's out a 12 noon the day before holidays...and off the next day as well. So, needless to say, we had a great LONG weekend!
Thanksgiving this year was held at our place. There were probably 15 or so people here; it's nice having a place large enough for everyone to sit in the kitchen now. We made the turkey and mashed sweet potatoes while everyone else brought a dish(es) to pass. I even ventured into making my own pumpkin pie...from baking the pumpkin to pureeing it and baking it; it turned out really well! After dinner Timberly, Peter and I walked with the kids (5) down to the park to run around.
Friday night Mark and I went to dinner with Wade and his GF, Aga, in from San Jose, and walked around Temple Square to see the opening night of the Christmas lights.

Saturday night we watched Frosty the Snowman and had the fire going. Saturday also (while I was sleeping) brought Stella's first visit to the ER. All weekend she has been having problems sleeping, eating, and just being sad in general. Mark got up with her around 11 Saturday night and she was still feverish so he drove her down to Primary Childrens Hospital. Apparently she has cold sores in the back of her throat...poor girl. I guess the doctor also warned Mark that she'll be one to keep an eye on as she becomes older because of her easy going personality:-) Despite her being sick, she's up to 18lbs and crawling all over the place
1 comment:
Loved your post on your first Thanksgiving in your new home and the fact that Mark got some relaxing time for the long weekend!Christmas will also be so special this year with your parents, Betsy, celebrating it with you all. Am so happy for you and your family!
Post a Comment