Monday, July 14, 2008

A bit of history...



A couple weeks back, Mark and I received a package from his Aunt Flora and Uncle Bob. Upon opening the box, we discovered there was a hand made quilt...which his grandmother made for his mom when she was born! So I guess that'd make it our baby's Great Grandmother...notice I say "baby" because we're debating on the spelling:-) but Mark says it will be Madeleine! Darn it! (he just added his two cents)

Then, a couple days later my parents sent us MY baby book from when I was born. It was crazy looking through it...in a few months, Mark and I will be doing the same thing. I was especially excited to see the family tree section, solely in part because it's less research we have to do.

4 comments:

Mrs.Mayne said...

That will be so cool to have! By the way, I veto mark's spelling. Too many unnecessary vowels. I will see if I can work on him.

Josh said...

Whaaaaat uuuuuuup? So we didn't even know you guys had a blog- we'll be checking it out often, what up. Cancun is the best except for when you spill your Sprite on some girl who had a massive hangover on a boat tour like I did and then she starts puking over the side of the boat- woot woot!

Melissa said...

Wow you're having a baby! That is so exciting. You are Mark will be great parents.

Kris said...

That is so precious! I love the quilt. Tell Mark that he needs to learn how to spell before he is allowed to name a child. ;)