Sunday, April 3, 2011

Stella is (was) 6 weeks old this past Friday, how time flies! She isn't really doing too much, as Mark says, this is her boring stage. She eats, sleeps and uses up all our energy. Last night she slept for about 6 hours straight which was nice. She still likes to be held so I wear her a lot in one of my wraps which I made. As for eating, she's still nursing really well and when she does have a bottle (once or twice a day with Mark) she'll eat apx. 3 1/2 oz. I think I caught a smile today as well... She has gone on a few field trips with Madeleine and I over the past weeks...

A few weeks ago we went to the Bean Museum at BYU (Mads thought it was an indoor zoo because of the all the animals/fish/insects).

The next week we met some of my old work friends at the Museum of Ancient Life at Thanksgiving Point. She loved all the dinosaurs...just so happened that 2 of the TV shows she watched earlier in the morning involved dinosaurs as well...coincidence? There were two different sand pits where she could 'dig' for fossils; needless to say, she was sad when we left. Now when ever we drive past Thanksgiving Point, she says 'MamaMamaMamaMoreDinosaurs' while doing the sign for 'more'.

Then, this past Friday we all went to the Hogle Zoo! All week long, I was telling Madeline if it was nice, then we'd take her to the zoo. Well, it turned out to be in the low 70's so a zooing we went. The whole morning I heard 'Zoo? No, I wait' or 'Zoo? I take a bite' (she had to eat first) or 'Baby byebye too?' One of the great things about Marks new job are the hours, in addition to being home by 6 every night, he typically can leave early on Friday's as well...so, he could join us!!!!!!!!!!

I'm sure I have pictures of the past events, if i find them, I'll load them later.

Out of Mads' mouth lately...
Airplane! Go bye bye airplane!
Mark to Madeline: where's Dada's hair
Madeleine: All gone!
Kitty...NO (i think we say that too much)
Baby-bonk! (while hitting their heads together)
Snow Snow, burr (because when it's 70 one day, we receive 3 inches of snow the next)
Backpack Backpack (continues to sing the entire song from Dora) BTW, if my name was Dora, she would listen to EVERYTHING I say...cause she listens to Dora everyday doing what she asks
MamaMamaMamaMoreJuice (or Dora or GoGo or anything else she wants)
Mama, play more friends. (this one makes me feel bad)

1 comment:

Shirley said...

Wow, all these exciting adventures for Madeleine, they will be hard to complete with when you and the girls come to MI. But Grandpa and Grandma have a few ideas in mind to keep her busy.

Stella likes to be held, no problem lots of family and friends standing in line.